Friday, June 18, 2010

I DID IT!!!

Around Jan I decided, with some gentle pushing and permission from Jaron, that I needed to do something with my time for myself. I have always loved accounting/bookkeeping. I know those of you that read this are probably rolling your eyes and wondering WHO likes that stuff...I DO. My first experience with numbers came from my father who from an early age taught us how to budget and balance our accounts and prepare for expenses. I didn't always follow that advise, but I am grateful for his lessons. I then got a job at a local clothing manufacture and after working there as a receptionist I got promoted to Accounts Recievable. I really loved it, I loved how everything fit and if something was off you could go back and figure out why and trace your mistake. Since then I have kept books for a couple of companies, namely my father in laws and my husbands. I have never recieved formal training or school in accounting and as I thought of what I would do with my time I wanted something I could do from home and have a flexible schedule to still be available for my family. So I found a program online that gives you training and has a test you must pass with 80% to get their bookkepping certificate. I have been working since Feb. on my training, taking baby steps since my time is limited, but setting goals so I don't just blow it off. I am happy to say that I took my final test a few weeks ago and passed with a 99%. I am excited as I go forward with this venture and start my own bookkeeping business. So if any of the few that read this hear of someone looking for a small business accountant, send them my way. My goal is to have everything up and running by the end of August, right as the kiddies get back into school:)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Kim!!! Congratulations. I bet that's a relief to have done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You deserve to feel great about this accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Marci....you are such a nerd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Kim, that is wonderful! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete